Monday, June 1, 2009

silence is gold..



Once again, the unnecessary comments just starts spilling out without any actual thoughts being put into it.

Words can hurt, that even the one who knows you inside-out will not be able to tell the difference between what you actually meant to say and what you don't.

People have always told me to say what I mean and to not say what I do not mean.
When I was about 14, a friend of mine used to tell me and tried teaching me to think before I speak as I had the tendency to speak my thoughts without actually thinking through it, which may end up sounding hurtful and crude.
Obviously, I didn't learn then.

But being with Shawn, I guess it has helped me a little. I was sick and tired of getting into quarrels over my silly little sarcastic, smart-ass remarks, that I was crying out for the wisdom of God at that point. It helped.. obviously.
Although the little sarcastic remarks do sometimes occur. *hey, I'm not perfect*

But I have learnt something valuable overtime..


that is..


sometimes, it pays to just keep your mouth shut!


0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0